…and by “bedazzling” I don’t mean rhinestoning my favorite jean jacket (been there, done that). I want to spruce up my fall wardrobe with some new, snazzy accents!
During the chillier months, I tend to stick to a neutral palette of nudes, grays, and blacks, intermingling them with a small splash of color and excitement. These accessories are perfect examples of said splash. You know, just a little something to get through the dreary months ahead.
- Leopard print scarf: I love scarves in all shapes, colors, and sizes but this Madewell City Camo Scarf ($49.50) is not only on-trend for fall, but super fun and dramatic as well.
- Desert boots: These Madewell Suede Sandstorm Boots ($188) are equal parts rugged and chic. I can imagine myself wearing them with skinny jeans or wool skirts or silk dresses – they would seriously pair well with anything!
- Berry lips: I really love the idea of a darker lip for fall but I just can’t pull it off. Luckily, I have this sheer version, Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment ($22.50), that gives just a subtle berry hue.
- Red belt: One of my favorite ways to break up an all black ensemble (my wardrobe all winter) is with a punchy colored belt like this red Topshop Bow Detail Skinny Belt ($30).
- Stackable rings: These Lucky Brand Stackable Rings ($32) are adorable. It’s just that plain and simple.
- Metallic nail polish: I literally hyperventilate with pure elation when I see a new nail polish color, like this NARS Vintage Nail Polish in Mash ($16). It’s like a metallic army green with specks of gold, SWOON!
- Arm warmers: Ever since I first noticed the phenomenon that is arm warmers (here), I’ve been totally smitten with them. And because I’ve been waiting patiently for their arrival since February, you can only imagine my excitement when I spotted these J. Crew Ribbed Glovettes ($22.50).
- Structured handbag: A small structured handbag like this ASOS Leather Croc Lock Across Body Bag ($84.25) will help me bring out my lady-like side. Oh wait, do I have that side?