I’ve been in a bit of a hair lull lately and I’m desperate to get a fresh, new cut. The only problem is I have no idea what to do. Keep growing it out or chop, chop, CHOP it? The age old question, eh? I decided to pull some inspo from Pinterest and am now leaning towards the Olivia Palermo ‘do (2nd photo) – just below the shoulders. That would be a solid 4 inches chopped off for moi.
What do you guys think? Which one should I choose?
[Images via 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 – several unknown originals thanks to tumblr]
I have a soft spot in my heart for anything and everything with polka dots. There’s something so sweet and feminine about those little dotties, I just love them in any shape or form. Right now, I kindaaa wish I had more of it in my closet and these are a few things I’d like to make my own.
Sweater // Socks // Bralette
Pencil Skirt // Scarf // Dress
Gloves // Tank
Also, DailyBuzz Style included my Every Day Wave in their Top 9 Hair Tips & Tutorials! SO AWESOME! Hope everyone has a lovely day, filled with lots o’ joy and polka dots.
I love a good wavy hairdo as much as the next girl, but I’ve always kind of sucked at executing it. Luckily, The Beauty Department came along and solved all my problems. Not only do they have the best hair and makeup tutorials I’ve ever seen on these here interwebs, but they’re also super easy. Did they solve all your problems too? See, I told you they’re great!
My favorite is Lauren Conrad’s Every Day Wave tutorial so I thought I would show you exactly how I emulate it. It couldn’t be a more simple process:
Smooth protective serum (I use Moroccanoil) into hair
Curl hair away from face using a 1″ barrel curling iron
Soften curls by combing through them and spray with a light hold hairspray
I realize now why you rarely see tutorials on dark brown hair – you can’t see anything that’s going on, people. Oh well, we tried, didn’t we? If you do decide to test out these waves, I suggest watching Lauren’s tutorial for the full effect (and better lighting). So fun and easy!
With springtime fast approaching, I feel myself starting to crave color and wild patterns (and canning cookbooks?). Long, flowy skirts, perfectly polished olive green nails, geometric bangles – all of these items reflect the changing seasons and I’m LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
As you can see, I’m lusting after lots of tans, various shades of green and blue, yellow, gold, and hints of pink. And who doesn’t love a chevron print in the form of a bathroom accessory? Sign me up for that, please. Instead of spring cleaning, I want to do the exact opposite and accumulate MORE things, namely these 10 items on my March wish list:
- Zara Long Skirt
- Madewell Brightside Bangle
- Canning For A New Generation cookbook
- Urban Outfitters Little Birch Jewelry Stand
- West Elm Graphic Porcelain Tumblers
- Clarks Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint
- Scotch Naturals Nail Polish in Ceasefire
- Rennes Le Chateau Wallet Pouch
- Twoems Patterned Peacock Print (sold out…brb crying)
- MTWTFSS Weekday Endless Knit Sweater Beige
…and by “bedazzling” I don’t mean rhinestoning my favorite jean jacket (been there, done that). I want to spruce up my fall wardrobe with some new, snazzy accents!
During the chillier months, I tend to stick to a neutral palette of nudes, grays, and blacks, intermingling them with a small splash of color and excitement. These accessories are perfect examples of said splash. You know, just a little something to get through the dreary months ahead.
- Leopard print scarf: I love scarves in all shapes, colors, and sizes but this Madewell City Camo Scarf ($49.50) is not only on-trend for fall, but super fun and dramatic as well.
- Desert boots: These Madewell Suede Sandstorm Boots ($188) are equal parts rugged and chic. I can imagine myself wearing them with skinny jeans or wool skirts or silk dresses – they would seriously pair well with anything!
- Berry lips: I really love the idea of a darker lip for fall but I just can’t pull it off. Luckily, I have this sheer version, Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment ($22.50), that gives just a subtle berry hue.
- Red belt: One of my favorite ways to break up an all black ensemble (my wardrobe all winter) is with a punchy colored belt like this red Topshop Bow Detail Skinny Belt ($30).
- Stackable rings: These Lucky Brand Stackable Rings ($32) are adorable. It’s just that plain and simple.
- Metallic nail polish: I literally hyperventilate with pure elation when I see a new nail polish color, like this NARS Vintage Nail Polish in Mash ($16). It’s like a metallic army green with specks of gold, SWOON!
- Arm warmers: Ever since I first noticed the phenomenon that is arm warmers (here), I’ve been totally smitten with them. And because I’ve been waiting patiently for their arrival since February, you can only imagine my excitement when I spotted these J. Crew Ribbed Glovettes ($22.50).
- Structured handbag: A small structured handbag like this ASOS Leather Croc Lock Across Body Bag ($84.25) will help me bring out my lady-like side. Oh wait, do I have that side?