I haven’t had a traditional 4th of July celebration in a few years. Last year, I was in Paris for the 4th and the year before that, I was in Newport Beach with Kyle and we literally wandered around that mad house (trust me, it was beyond craziness) car-less and firework-less.
This year, I’m doing it right. I’m going to eat a patriotic dessert, wear classic Americana, and watch fireworks from a lawn chair. Hmm…it might be difficult since I’ll be at a L.A. Galaxy game Sunday night but I’m hoping to make it work. At least I’ll have the outfit.
- J.Crew Lightweight Cotton Caprese Tunic, J. Crew, $35: Sure, I might blatantly be copying Emma Watson‘s outfit but you can’t blame me. I remember my mom wearing shirts like this in the early 90s. And that means I need it now.
- Karen Walker Number Six, Need Supply Co., $170: I’ve stressed my love for Karen Walker before, but time and again I find myself gravitating toward them.
- Crumbs Patriotic Cupcake, Crumbs Bake Shop, $4.50: I’m sorry but you simply can’t have an Independence Day celebration without a patriotic dessert. You better stock up on your blueberries, strawberries, and white frosting right about now.
- J.Crew Pindot Bikini Top and Bottoms, J.Crew, $29.99 each: It’s classic. It’s polka-dotted. It’s navy. Yes, please.
- Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+, Kiehl’s, $32: This is the creme de la creme of facial sunscreens. It’s lightweight and soaks directly into your skin. And sunscreen is always a must.
- L.L. Bean Mariner Leather Purse, L.L. Bean, $77.50: You can’t get more Americana than L.L. Bean. Their Signature collection is to die for, by the way.
- Anthropologie Outdoor Cafe Cardigan, Anthropologie, $98: It always gets chilly at night and this Anthro cardi has just the right amount of weight.
- J Brand Distressed Denim Shorts, Net-A-Porter, $165: As I’ve said here, I love rolled denim.
- J. Crew Angnyss Sandals, J. Crew, $135: These are by far my FAVORITE sandals of the summer so I had to incorporate them into my quintessential summer outfit. Now, I’m just waiting for them to go on sale.
Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of barbeques, firework displays, and fun.
P.S. Happy birthday to my wonderful and beautiful mother!!