Reasons why I love going home for the holidays:
- Rich fall colors everywhere. Hey West Los Angeles, why don’t you grow a few trees?
- Mumsie’s sweet potatoes (pictured below – the ones covered in a thick layer of marshmallows).
- Inevitable photo shoots with my favorite people/bloggers, Ann-Marie Loves Paper and JayAdores (pictured below).
- Animated and lively conversations with my best friends. Half of them don’t even live in California anymore but whenever we’re all home, it’s as if nothing has changed. I love them.
- Kyle has lots of free time so he builds things like bookshelves (pictured below). More on that later!
- Spending lots and lots of time with family. Activities include but are not limited to: eating Thanksgiving 1, Thanksgiving 2, and Thanksgiving 3; shopping Black Friday; knitting circles; watching old movies; etc.
- Reuniting with my favorite people and watching our favorite cheesy vampire movies, one of which may be in theaters right now and rhyme with Reaking Vawn.
- Hanging out with my best friend’s 5 1/2 month old baby. He’s the cutest ever.
- Eating pretty much everything in sight. I need another layer of fat for the winter (my apartment is freezing) so eating until my face hurts is a good thing. At least that’s what I’m telling myself…
Hope everyone had a lovely holiday weekend!