American-bred companies specializing in classic, heritage leather goods are making a comeback in a HUGE way, including J.W. Hulme Co. And let’s face it, there’s really nothing better than good old-fashioned American leather (besides Italian leather but let’s put that fact on the back burner right now).
J.W. Hulme Co. has been around for over 100 years now, producing all of their products in St. Paul, Minnesota. And let me tell you, those Minnesotans know how to fashion leather. These bags are beautifully structured and perfectly rugged – exactly what I look for in heritage leather goods.
Funny enough, I ran into these bags a lot in Vancouver (which reminds me that I still need to post about my favorite Canadian finds!). They were displayed in many of the small shops and boutiques throughout the city. Each time my eyes spotted them, I fell in love a little more. And now, I need one (or several) of my own!
- Legacy Handbag – Heritage Leather, $390
- Legacy Handbag – Century Black Leather, $290
- Shell Handbag – Green Canvas, $180
- Travel Kit – Green Canvas, $120
- Gladstone Carry-On – Century Black Leather, Medium, $630
- Portfolio – Sahara Sand Leather, $370
- Weekend Satchel – Heritage Leather, Medium, $760
[Images via J.W. Hulme Co.]