This weekend, I started moving into a new apartment. Best part? Realizing I need a bunch of new things that can ONLY BE FOUND AT WEST ELM. Okay, maybe I don’t need these soap dishes or these chevron pillows, but I sure as heck want them. West Elm is like an answer to my design prayers. They always have everythinggggg. Sigh.
Mr. Kyle and I are rigorously apartment hunting right now. So exciting! When I’m not scouring rental websites for the perfect apartment (perfect apartments don’t exist, I’ve recently discovered), I’m scrolling through decor images on Pinterest and various blogs to figure out exactly the kind of things we want to include in our place (which, by the way, is THE MOST FUN task I’ve ever done!). Here’s what I discovered:
- I’m a fan of stark whites and shades of gray.
- We definitely want a gallery wall filled with our art collection (and by art collection I mean Kyle’s posters and cute prints I’ve found on Etsy). I want the frames to be all shapes, sizes, and colors – a total hodge podge, if you will.
- Farmhouse tables are my favorite things ever – distressed wood, full of character and imperfections, sigh.
- Patterns I’m fond of: chevron stripes (OBSESSED!!), ikat, diamonds, geometric shapes
- A giant bookcase is a must. Where am I going to put all my Jane Austen’s and Harry Potter’s?
- Colorful and textured pillows are the bee’s knees.
- Stacks of coffee table books are the coolest ever.
- I pretty much want everything from West Elm.