Ok so maybe only a little bit…1/4 of me, to be exact. But my mom’s whole side of the family is and guess what? They like to eat Indo food. And lucky for me, they are real good at making Indo dishes. And double lucky for me, Indo food is the best ever. I went back home this past weekend to celebrate my Oma’s (grandmother) 85th birthday and my mom and her cousin had made a feast for the party.
I’m still full.
I don’t know how to spell any of the dishes but I will just explain them to you instead:
- (photo above) Chicken, tofu, and hard-boiled eggs in a white curry sauce.
- Tiny bay shrimp and pete (the green flecks you see in the dish and I believe they are a type of bean…full of flavor and delicious) simmered in a coconut milk broth with Indonesian spices.
- Shrimp chips. If you’ve never had them, you are missing out in life, let me tell you. They’re light, airy, crispy chips and although you don’t taste the shrimp, there is definitely shrimp in them.
- Zucchini simmered in a spicy broth and coconut milk.
- Beef with tofu, hard-boiled eggs, and pete.