YOWZA. Ok so that was probably a few too many travel posts and I’m just glad to be blabbering about absolutely nothing once again. Also I’d like to point out that my butt is not shaped like that. I swear the wind’s blowing straight through that cotton and expanding that jumpsuit in the oddest of ways! Oh but that view. NOT MY BUM VIEW, I’m talking about the scenic view.
That’s the kind of view where you can’t help but pull over to the side of the road and admire just how beautiful this dang place is. And that’s exactly what we did. We were driving through the canyons between Malibu and the Valley (this is my favorite part of the LA area, mind you), windows down, dirty and dusty from the Topanga Folk Festival (more on that next week), our car winding and curving along the street, when this jaw-dropping vista pops up to the left of us. We pulled over right then and there, got out, and let the wind creep in our cotton jumpsuits and make our bums look all big and outta sorts. You get the picture. Aside from this glorious day, here are a few other things I’m loving:
+ The 7-minute workout. You guys, this just MIGHT be the thing that changes my mind about working out! How fantastic does it sound? Ok no, I haven’t tried it yet but by golly, I’m starting it up on Monday…or maybe the following Monday.
+ 20% off everything at ASOS until Monday with the code TAKE20. You better believe I’m taking advantage of that, maybe in the form of this perfect cami, this colorful swing dress, and this adorable overall thing that I likely also wore in the 2nd grade.
+ I mean WHO ISN’T making tacos this weekend? I think I’d like mine with a side of these taco pickles, please.
+ Peony season at Trader Joe’s! The most glorious 2 weeks of the year. Run to your nearest TJ’s and pick some up, I swear your life will instantly feel better. I’m loading up until those things are out of stock.
I hope everyone has a lovely Memorial Day weekend (and hopefully it’s a 3-day weekend?). Same time, same place next week. xo
Aside from my raging allergies, I love this time of year. The days are longer, the nights are warmer, and the sunsets get all crazy on us. Last night, the sky turned a million shades of pink and I saw about 40 instagrams documenting it (including my own). Not gonna lie, there was also an earthquake yesterday so THAT coupled with the super bizarre sunset kind of made me think the world was ending. I’m so dramatic! Here’s what I loved this week:
This weekend is Mother’s Day and I feel so lucky I get to spend it with my amazing mom. Enjoy your weekend, friends!
Don’t mind me, but here I am just cooking up a Friday Love List during a dinner in NYC. Speaking of NYC, photos from that portion of my trip are going up on Monday! By the way, is it just me or was this particular week THE FASTEST EVER? I woke up this morning and for a minute, I thought it was Tuesday…in February. I mean where did this year go? Anyway, here are a few things I’m digging this week:
- I finally learned how to properly clean my face thanks to Into the Gloss’s 2 part video series (video one and video two). I don’t know about you but this is a total game changer. I’m going to start pianotaging the heck out of my face (although I will likely not purchase thermal water any time soon).
- Love this idea of gifting a pot of fresh herbs at a dinner/brunch party. So perfect.
- I’m going to wear this outfit every single day this summer.
- This kale noodle bowl with avocado miso dressing sounds like just about the best thing ever right now.
- So remember when we went to NorthernGrade? Well we must be REALLY COOL because we made a cameo in this video recap for one whole second (check minute 0:36). I mean, somebody call us some talent agents stat.
Happy Friday! I’m feeling really positive about life today and I’m pretty sure it’s because I have braids in my hair again and I saw Gwyneth Paltrow last night. What is it about braids that make the world a happier place? I opted for a reverse crown braid this time. If I’m feeling extra ham-y today, I’ll take a picture of myself and show ya. As for my BFF GP, we were at the same event last night, as seen here, and that woman is a beacon of light straight from the heavens.
Anyway, I’m loving this Smilebooth session with Ann-Marie from The Cream event a few weeks ago! That girl is my favorite and she has the best top buns, am I right? Also, here’s what else I’m loving this week:
- My bff Jaymee had her beautiful wedding featured on 100 Layer Cake this week! You must take a look at all the amazing details that she designed and made.
- I’m dying to make this spicy tuna bowl.
- This is my ideal bedroom. Can you see where I got the inspo from in this post?
- Things got really spontaneous this week and we got tickets to Lollapalooza in Chicago. SO EXCITED.
- I’m looking forward to stopping by the Northern Grade pop-up in downtown LA tomorrow for some menswear inspiration.
Hope your weekend is great! I’ll be catching up on a few things, taking more classes, and hopefully relaxing a bit. Same place, same time on Monday? xo
I’ve been kinda stressed this week and I think part of the reason is because of Scotchmallows, all thanks to my parents who sent me a giant bag full of them for Valentine’s Day. The amount I’ve eaten would frighten an average person I think. I literally cannot control myself. Are they laced with crack? I’ve eaten 3 since I started writing this post. Ouy vey. Here are a few other things I’m loving this week:
- A fully booked trip to NYC, Connecticut, and Montreal is getting me real excited for spring!
- I’m dying to make homemade kimchi and this seems like a perfect first-timer’s recipe.
- I’ve been loving this hairstyle lately. A few spritzes of surf spray and some bobby pins are all you need.
- Speaking of hair, I kind of want to cut my hair this short. Yay or nay?? Crazy talk?
- Madewell, please stop with all the good boots. My bank account is suffering for it.
- I’m in the market for a new jacket and I can’t decide if I should go this route or this route. Both, you say? You got it, thanks for the sound advice.
- Two great articles: one on productivity and another from Leandra on blogging.
Happy weekending! I’ll be working mostly but it ain’t no thangggg. Oh! And the photo above is from when we drove to this hike. LA, you slay me sometimes.