1. The older you get, the faster the years go by. I swear it was yesterday I was celebrating New Year’s Eve 2013?
2. Brushing your hair is overrated.
3. Oysters are really f’ing good.
4. 4-wheeled luggage (like this) is life changing.
5. At age 26, gaining 10 pounds in less than 6 months is a real thing.
6. Finding your soulmate leather jacket takes time and patience, but you’ll know it when you see it.
7. Organic vegetables have lots of bugs in them.
8. I wish I could spend all my weekends in Big Sur.
9. 90% of my shopping is done on Amazon.
10. I’m still really clueless when it comes to adult things like mortgages and saving money.
11. Trust your gut! This year, my gut told me to quit coffee for good (it makes me physically ill but i would still drink it nonetheless) and start the Tracy Anderson Method (more or less).
12. Invest in skincare products. Spending all the monies on Skinceuticals, Ole Henriksen, and Kate Somerville facial products. You only have one face, y’all.
13. Group texts with friends is the only way to live life. Waking up to 79 text messages from your favorite people, 98% of which are emojis, is where it’s at.
14. LA has such good food. Favorite restaurant of 2013 is Picca.
15. Collecting ceramics for the kitchen is an expensive hobby that I must limit in 2014.
16. Montreal is real pretty (posts here, here, and here).
17. I get genuinely upset when my boyfriend starts watching a movie on TV that’s already half way over. Why start in the middle?!
18. Keeping plants alive is a challenge but so very rewarding.
19. I’m moderately to severely addicted to Instagram.
Of course, there are plenty more things I’ve learned but I figured 20 was a good number to stop at. What did you learn? Overall, 2013 was pretty great. So looking forward to next year. Thanks for sticking with me and reading this blog! Happy New Year y’alls.
Photos by Ann-Marie
Wearing: H&M jacket via ebay (similar), Gap sweater (similar), dl1961 jeans, Madewell boots