Mr. Kyle and I are rigorously apartment hunting right now. So exciting! When I’m not scouring rental websites for the perfect apartment (perfect apartments don’t exist, I’ve recently discovered), I’m scrolling through decor images on Pinterest and various blogs to figure out exactly the kind of things we want to include in our place (which, by the way, is THE MOST FUN task I’ve ever done!). Here’s what I discovered:
- I’m a fan of stark whites and shades of gray.
- We definitely want a gallery wall filled with our art collection (and by art collection I mean Kyle’s posters and cute prints I’ve found on Etsy). I want the frames to be all shapes, sizes, and colors – a total hodge podge, if you will.
- Farmhouse tables are my favorite things ever – distressed wood, full of character and imperfections, sigh.
- Patterns I’m fond of: chevron stripes (OBSESSED!!), ikat, diamonds, geometric shapes
- A giant bookcase is a must. Where am I going to put all my Jane Austen’s and Harry Potter’s?
- Colorful and textured pillows are the bee’s knees.
- Stacks of coffee table books are the coolest ever.
- I pretty much want everything from West Elm.
[All images found via Pinterest. Image credits, left to right: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14]
Oh, yes he did. When I got home from work today, this letter was sitting on my kitchen table.
(Sorry, I blurred out my address) Have I ever mentioned how much I love calligraphy? Or how much I obsess over vintage stamps and handwritten love notes? Well, I guess I mentioned it to Kyle a few times over the years because look what showed up in my mailbox this Valentine’s Day. Now I may or may not have asked Kyle to send me a Hello Handmade love note last Valentine’s Day and it may or may not have ever happened, but he pulled through this year. Let me tell you, HE PULLED THROUGH! Look at how beautiful that thing is. He is the sweetest of sweets!!
I opened the sealed envelope ever so carefully and inside, there was another envelope with my name scrawled on it.
Sealed with wax, no less. BRB, dying. A wax seal?? COME ON! There is nothing cooler!
Inside of that envelope was a Valentine card. They may have F’ed up my initials but I’m totally willing to let that slide. So precious. At this point in the card-opening-process, you can imagine my hyperventilation. Whoaaaa there tiger, BREATHE. This is what calligraphy-ed love notes do to me you guys.
I opened the card to find the sweetest of notes from my Valentine. Sigh.
…and then I ate one (read: two…and a half) chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting. Hope your Valentine’s Day was extra special this year! xoxoxoxo
Hello Handmade Valentine cards can also be seen here and here.