Hope everyone had a LOVELY 3-day weekend! Mine sure was great. Sometimes all it takes is an extra day to recharge your batteries. Don’t you agree? Here are a few snapshots from my weekend:
[perused through the new Madewell catalogue!]
[ate lots of food, including tots, at First Friday in Venice on Abbot Kinney]
[also walked through a few galleries at First Friday]
[lunched at GTA on Saturday…my favorite!!]
[went back-to-school shopping…PS, is it ok to back-to-school shop if you aren’t a student?]
[attended my friend’s BEAUTIFUL wedding at the bel air bay club on Sunday]
[we had lots o’ fun at the wedding!]
[on Monday, we took the meaning of “labor day” very literally and did not labor at all…ate lots of pancakes instead]
Is it Friday already?? I swear this week just flew by. 3 minutes ago I was typing out my post for M Street Kitchen and now it’s the end of the week. My super busy work week was to blame, especially this little diddy that was going on. But you know what? I really love work. That’s going to be #1 on my love list this week. I love my dang job!
- I’m also loving this corner of my desk (in my home office – promise to show more soon!), complete with my new favorite Rifle Paper Co. notebook, a Le Pen (a swoonworthy pen, let me tell you), a couple washi tapes, a stamp, and some baker’s twine.
- These Colby June rings are so gorgeous and I want all of them.
- Last Friday, we went to First Fridays in Venice, which is an art walk of sorts with lots of food trucks and fun things going on. LOVED it.
- It’s a no brainer that I’m obsessed with Destined to Design blog because it has all my favorite elements: design, style, food, typography, and lots more goodness. She also has one of my favorite Pinterests.
- These Steven boots are absolutely perfect for the end of summer and the transition into fall. Need them asap. Also, I’m gonna throw it out there: I like websites with free shipping.
- Lusting after this chain bag from Nasty Gal.
- I want to make this summery salad from Green Kitchen Stories. That grilled zucchini paired with raw apples and beets looks like a dream come true.
- Oh hey, our dining table is being delivered today! It’s a big hunk of wood and I cannot wait to see it.