Ideal Spring Outfit #4: Watercolors, Jean Jacket, and Clog-like Wedges
- Watercolor Dress, Need Supply Co., $54 [Image via Need Supply Co.]
- Plush Fleece Lined Tights, Shopbop, $35 [Image via Shopbop]
- Vince Denim Acid Wash Jean Jacket, Shopbop, $225 [Image via Shopbop]
- Jeffrey Campbell Snick, Need Supply Co., $125 [Image via Need Supply Co.]
Out of all my ideal spring outfits, this one is probably the most random. Why fleece-lined tights? you might ask. Well, sometimes it gets chilly in the spring! Why 5-inch wedges that you will undoubtedly never wear? you may say next. Hmm, you got me there. Even though I could never pull off these wedges, I’m still fascinated by them! The studs remind me of clogs (major this spring, right Vivs?). There’s a certain je ne sais quoi about them that I’m just lusting after.
As for the dress, I’m loving the bright watercolor pattern and the slight poof of the sleeve. This dress (plus the wedges) will definitely add a little zest in my springtime step.
To me, this ensemble is nothing without the acid wash jean jacket. It’s like the classic jean jacket’s evil, hardcore twin sister. Ok so it might not be that hardcore but it definitely brings a new level of edginess to the outfit, don’t you think?
Ideal Spring Outfit #3: Floral Dress and Open-Toe Booties
- UO Reformed Jungle Dress, Urban Outfitters, $88 [Image via Urban Outfitters]
- Forever 21 Straw Woven Hat, Forever 21, $6.50 [Image via Forever 21]
- Joie I Will Survive Suede Lace Up Booties, Shopbop, $325 [Image via Shopbop]
- Madewell Mini Fringe Cross Body Bag, Shopbop, $98 [Image via Shopbop]
On the Urban Outfitters website, I found this dress under the “Going Places? Music Festival” section. And you know what, it is a perfect music festival dress! So I’m dubbing this outfit “Coachella Edition” because I want to wear it when I go to Coachella.
This flowy frock is not only the perfect material for the desert conditions of Indio (where Coachella is located), but the subtle floral pattern is perfect for spring. I love the detailing on the back as well.
My Ideal Spring Outfit list would not be complete without a pair of lace-up, open-toe booties. They remind me of Le Blog de Betty and you know how much I love her (Obsessions du Jour)!! Therefore, must have.
Lastly, what better way to protect your face from harmful UVA rays than with this adorable straw hat? Ahhh, I can’t wait for Coachella!
Ideal Spring Outfit #2: Denim, Denim, and Stripes
For my second installment of Ideal Spring Outfits, I took this entire look straight from the Madewell website because I want every component of it!
The denim-on-denim trend is making a strong comeback this spring and therefore, I love this boyshirt and shorts combo. The striped cardigan is just an added bonus! The stripe has a very breton vibe and you know how much I love a good breton stripe.
I cannot forget to mention the side braid that the model is sporting. MAJOR! The side braid made a HUGE comeback on the SS 10 runways and I can’t wait to replicate this messy, yet totally simple hair style.
[Image via Madewell]
Lately, I’ve been boggled down with fall trends but since fall is still 6 or 7 months away, I say we get back to spring because it’s just around the corner. Goodbye shearling, arm warmers, and wool coats – we’ll see you soon!
Every day this week, I’m going to show you one of my ideal spring outfits. You know the kind: an outfit that I wish I was wearing but for some unforeseen reason (lack of money, legs too white, still raining outside, not cool enough), I’m not. Hopefully, I’ll be able to recreate these ideal outfits in the future (and by the future, I mean like asap).
Ideal Spring Outfit #1: Sheer Pastels, Khaki, and Two-Toned Oxfords
- A.L.C. Pocket Tee, Shopbop, $145 [Image via Shopbop]
- J. Crew Cotton Nico Skirt, J. Crew, $59.50 [Image via J. Crew]
- Anthropologie Spring Thaw Bralette, Anthropologie, $44 [Image via Anthropologie]
- J. Crew Leather Equestrian Belt, J. Crew, $45 [Image via J. Crew]
- Rag & Bone Cap Toe Lace Up Oxfords, Shopbop, $325 [Image via Shopbop]
- Anthropologie Woven Pendulum Sling Bag, Anthropologie, $118 [Image via Anthropologie]
This spring, it’s all about the sheer pastels and lace bralettes. Though I’m not down to wear ultra, ultra sheer, this A.L.C. tee has just the right amount of sheerness to it. Paired with a khaki skirt, this outfit is the perfect dose of feminine. Since I’ve been wearing black all winter, this will be a lovely change in my wardrobe. And what’s a spring outfit without oxfords? I love the two-toned aspect of these Rag & Bone oxfords! Oh, spring, where are you?? I can’t wait to dress for the sun!