…except they’re too expensive for little ol’ me & (even worse) sold out! That’s not stopping me from loving them anyway so now, I’m on a hunt to find an equally cool pair and in my budget. Will report back to you when I find.
Steven Alan Le Botte Gardiane Mage Full Leather Sandals
Dreaming of warmer days, afternoon barbecues with friends, jogs down to the beach, outdoor food and wine festivals, concerts at the Greek Theatre, brunch on the patio, trips to the flower market downtown, shopping with an iced coffee in hand…..all while wearing simple, neutral colors like this shirtdress, and, most importantly, pretty colors on my feet.
- J. Crew lilibeth leather sandals
- Topshop whisper yellow peeptoe espadrilles
- Zara tricolour vamp shoe
I haven’t had a traditional 4th of July celebration in a few years. Last year, I was in Paris for the 4th and the year before that, I was in Newport Beach with Kyle and we literally wandered around that mad house (trust me, it was beyond craziness) car-less and firework-less.
This year, I’m doing it right. I’m going to eat a patriotic dessert, wear classic Americana, and watch fireworks from a lawn chair. Hmm…it might be difficult since I’ll be at a L.A. Galaxy game Sunday night but I’m hoping to make it work. At least I’ll have the outfit.
- J.Crew Lightweight Cotton Caprese Tunic, J. Crew, $35: Sure, I might blatantly be copying Emma Watson‘s outfit but you can’t blame me. I remember my mom wearing shirts like this in the early 90s. And that means I need it now.
- Karen Walker Number Six, Need Supply Co., $170: I’ve stressed my love for Karen Walker before, but time and again I find myself gravitating toward them.
- Crumbs Patriotic Cupcake, Crumbs Bake Shop, $4.50: I’m sorry but you simply can’t have an Independence Day celebration without a patriotic dessert. You better stock up on your blueberries, strawberries, and white frosting right about now.
- J.Crew Pindot Bikini Top and Bottoms, J.Crew, $29.99 each: It’s classic. It’s polka-dotted. It’s navy. Yes, please.
- Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+, Kiehl’s, $32: This is the creme de la creme of facial sunscreens. It’s lightweight and soaks directly into your skin. And sunscreen is always a must.
- L.L. Bean Mariner Leather Purse, L.L. Bean, $77.50: You can’t get more Americana than L.L. Bean. Their Signature collection is to die for, by the way.
- Anthropologie Outdoor Cafe Cardigan, Anthropologie, $98: It always gets chilly at night and this Anthro cardi has just the right amount of weight.
- J Brand Distressed Denim Shorts, Net-A-Porter, $165: As I’ve said here, I love rolled denim.
- J. Crew Angnyss Sandals, J. Crew, $135: These are by far my FAVORITE sandals of the summer so I had to incorporate them into my quintessential summer outfit. Now, I’m just waiting for them to go on sale.
Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of barbeques, firework displays, and fun.
P.S. Happy birthday to my wonderful and beautiful mother!!
- Cooperative Suede Lace-Up Sandal, Urban Outfitters, $38
- Gentle Souls Break My Heart, Nordstrom, $91
- Scarfi Creazioni Panarea Multi-lace Sandal, Madewell, $78
- Sam Edelman Divine, Piperlime, $99
- J. Crew Dorian Wedges, $238
- Rachel Comey Tie Flats, Steven Alan, $310
- Seychelles Lace Top Strappy Sandal, Need Supply Co., $48
Now that it’s officially summer, I’ve been searching for sandals to match my bright and punchy coral toe nails.
I like a sandal that’s chic enough for parties, yet at the same time it needs to be durable enough to withstand a trek through the city. Maybe that’s why I’m loving these hybrid sandal-shoes? The shape is distinctly sandal-esque yet the laces are clearly products of a shoe. Confusing yet oh so delightful!
I love finding unexpected twists to something as simple as a sandal. These lace-up versions have just the right amount of originality and newness for my taste.
The only problem now is finding my favorite out of the above options! Which one is your favorite?