I definitely don’t consider myself a girly girl. I like army green jackets, loose-fitting tees, and boots – that’s my thing. But every once in awhile, I crave super sweet and girly items, like polka dot swimsuits or pleated pink dresses. Take today for example: My nails are a subtle pale pink and I’m wearing a bow in my hair. For no apparent reason. It’s perfectly acceptable to switch it up every once in awhile, eh? Here are several darling items I’m lusting after as of late:
- Nasty Gal Sweet Pleats Dress
- Kate Spade Crystal Kaleidoscope Necklace
- Foliage Bow Barrette
- Topshop Red Scallop Hem Short
- J. Crew Polka Dot Underwire Top and Grommet Short
- Scotch Naturals in Neat
- ASOS Cath Kidston Cotton Rucksack
I love the idea of pairing a super simple outfit, like a striped shirt and flared jeans, with an unexpected twist, like a bright orange handbag. A little pop of color can completely change an outfit’s level of excitement. And let me tell you, an orange Kate Spade cross-body = lots o’ excitement.
Besides it’s bright/exciting factor, this Kate Spade also has a classic shape and style. You know what that means? I’m putting it in my shopping cart. The rule is: you’re allowed to buy any and all items that are considered classic and timeless with a unique twist. Right? Or am I making that rule up to make myself feel better? Whoopsies.
- Nasty Gal Twisted Trench Coat
- APC Striped Cotton-Jersey T-shirt (via Net-a-Porter)
- Kate Spade Essex Small Scout cross-body handbag
- GAP Wide Leg Trouser Jeans (just purchased these online!)
- J.Crew Double-Row Mini-Link Necklace
- Topshop Oceania Camel Buckle Cuff Mid Wedges