You may or may not be familiar with the term “Carmageddon.”
It refers to this weekend’s closure of the 405 freeway in Los Angeles and let me tell you, people are in a straight-up frenzy.
Since I live on the westside of LA, I’ll be majorly effected by said Carmageddon and have been advised by many not to leave my apartment this entire weekend.
But, I say to the naysayers, Renegade Craft Fair is this weekend in downtown!
There is no way I’m missing that! Freeway closure or not, I will get there.
So while most people will do the sane and rational thing of avoiding the roads at all possible,
I will be trekking it downtown (taking the surface streets!) for a craft fair.
Yes, Renegade is that good.
But, of course, as soon as I’ve got my fill of crafting,
I will stay away from the roads and spend my weekend on Pinterest!
Here are some of my favorite pins as of late:
[Images 2 to 7 via Pinterest]
Mr. Kyle and I are rigorously apartment hunting right now. So exciting! When I’m not scouring rental websites for the perfect apartment (perfect apartments don’t exist, I’ve recently discovered), I’m scrolling through decor images on Pinterest and various blogs to figure out exactly the kind of things we want to include in our place (which, by the way, is THE MOST FUN task I’ve ever done!). Here’s what I discovered:
- I’m a fan of stark whites and shades of gray.
- We definitely want a gallery wall filled with our art collection (and by art collection I mean Kyle’s posters and cute prints I’ve found on Etsy). I want the frames to be all shapes, sizes, and colors – a total hodge podge, if you will.
- Farmhouse tables are my favorite things ever – distressed wood, full of character and imperfections, sigh.
- Patterns I’m fond of: chevron stripes (OBSESSED!!), ikat, diamonds, geometric shapes
- A giant bookcase is a must. Where am I going to put all my Jane Austen’s and Harry Potter’s?
- Colorful and textured pillows are the bee’s knees.
- Stacks of coffee table books are the coolest ever.
- I pretty much want everything from West Elm.
[All images found via Pinterest. Image credits, left to right: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14]
Right now, I’m absolutely smitten with pastel-centric color palettes, especially the combination of minty greens and pale peaches. Besides the fact that it sounds like a yummy dessert/snack (sliced peaches & mint tea? no? am I the only one that has food on my mind constantly?), this color combination is feminine and sweet and quintessentially spring.
So pretty much, I wish I was wearing a pleated mint green skirt and peach blouse while filling my mint green and peach Ikea storage boxes with awesome coffee table books and knick knacks.
[Images via Pinterest via Elle.com and Ikea]