Whenever I’m in a cooking rut (which seems to be happening a lot lately), I turn to Pinterest in search of new ideas. Now I don’t mind eating turkey meatloaf every week (this really happens but OMG you guys, my turkey meatloaf is really delish), but sometimes it’s nice to incorporate a few new options into the mix. Here are some ideas I can’t wait to try:
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- Lentil meatballs
- Lasagna cups
- Shrimp & roasted tomatoes fettucini
- Chicken & broccoli stir fry
- Skillet rosemary chicken
- Mexican corn soup
- Mini vegetarian pizzas
*PS – there are even more ideas on my food pinterest board!
[Images via: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8]
This chicken pot pie recipe from Real Simple is my favorite pot pie recipe EVER. Like way better than Marie Callender’s you guys. It’s not too heavy (which I love!) and it’s made in a slow-cooker (which I love even more). The ingredients are so simple and yet they meld together so perfectly. Meaty cremini mushrooms, crunchy green beans, fall-apart chicken, rich gravy – I’m really depressed I have no leftovers.
Oh and that little pillow of heaven resting on top of it? Puff pastry. It’s the “pie” in my chicken pot pie and it could be the best invention on this planet. So flaky and chewy and buttery. Also, I’ll have you know that all the unused pastry dough was used to make cheese straws. My life motto is: never waste perfectly good puff pastry.
Can we also talk about how Real Simple is like the best and most helpful magazine on this planet? I mean, who knew you could use bubble wrap as a jewelry organizer?
*PS – I used this recipe to make the cheese straws!
For Valentine’s Day this year, I’m thinking:
- Roasted potatoes in the shape of hearts, instead of frilly desserts and candy.
- Detailed lace and perhaps a pop of red.
- A sweet note hidden in a bottle, via Terrain.
PS – thanks for all the sweet comments re: my kitchen shelves!!
[Images 1 / 2 / 3]
Oh my gosh, my Photoshop decided to crap out last night as I was putting my instagrams together and thought it was a grand idea NOT to save any of my open projects. So these here instagrams are a screenshot from inside my Photoshop program as it was frozen. So that’s why it looks like crap – but oh well, we all can’t be winners, am I right? Here’s what’s been going on lately, according to my instagram account (@thestyleeater):
- Working from home over the weekend in cozy layers and wool socks.
- My favorite notebook: Blogs I Follow and Like
- Kyle’s been working so much, I rarely get to see that cute little face.
- Tea from a nostalgic cup is 100x better than regular tea.
- Delivery of Fonuts to the office for an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Sending cards to two of my best friends. THEY LIVE SO FAR!
- White bean stew on a cold night.
- Black on black on leopard – one of my absolute favorite combos.
- A lovely “thank you” card designed by my talented bff, Jaymee.
That right there is preeeetty much what my weekend looked like. Yes, I have an office in my apartment but the kitchen table (and/or couch) suits me just fine. Work, work, work! The beginning of the year is always a busy time for me. I get to experience so many fun and amazing things, but I also have to hunker down and do real work at the same time. I’m not complaining though!
I also went back home to visit my family for a quick minute. It was supposed to “rain” on Saturday so I wore my trusty rainboots. It ended up looking like this and I was that loser wearing rainboots on a bright, sunny day (always happens!!):
Also, when I was back home, my mumsie made this amazing butternut squash caprese salad:
So delish, I highly recommend. She pulled the recipe from my Pinterest – is that not the most precious thing you’ve ever heard?! I may do a full post on it in the near future, we shall see.
Hope your weekend was lovely and full of joy! Cheers to the new week!