Summer is slowing creeping upon us and I can’t wait for the sun to arrive in full force. In preperation, I scoured my favorite online retailers, from ASOS to Need Supply Co., in search of the perfect summer dress.
As I started picking out my favorites, I noticed a trend with my choices. They were either corset topped (or sweetheart neckline, if you prefer that terminology), striped (of course), or wildly printed. So I narrowed it down to my favorite 3 in each of these categories:
The corset top dress is perfect for afternoon barbecues or picnics in the park with friends. They’re so sweet and summery:
- Urban Renewal Striped Linen Bustier Dress, Urban Outfitters, $58
- Dahlia Net Layer Babydoll Dress, ASOS, $118.36
- Chambray Corset Dress, Victoria’s Secret, $39.99
These striped dresses can be worn during work hours or even on weekend beach trips. They’re versatile and never go out of style:
- Dahlia Striped Full Belted Dress, ASOS, $93
- Striped Knit Dress, Need Supply Co., $48
- LnA Stripe Tee Dress, Revolve Clothing, $105
Even though the prints vary, they all pack a colorful punch – exactly what you need in the summer months! I would wear the sweeter prints (like the florals and polka dots) during the day and the bolder prints (like the zig zag) for a night of cocktails with friends or on a date with my boyfriend:
- Contrast Pocket Dress, Need Supply Co., $48
- Dahlia Vintage Print Belted Dress, ASOS, $93
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Diamond Zigzag Dress, Shopbop, $258
[Images via ASOS, Urban Outfitters, Need Supply Co., Victoria’s Secret, Shopbop, Revolve]
OMG you are a savior! i’ve been looking for a cute denim dress for years now, and i think that corset dress from VS is perfect!
and it’s on sale too!! i LOVE it!
Looove the exposed zipper and the first patterned one with the black pocket.
I’m loving the marc dress you picked, and the cut out V in the back is so cute…hahaha will that one go on sale? Me thinks perhaps no, lol 🙂
I like the zigzag dress!!! 😀 Oh I wish I were rich right now!
Pingback: Summer Lovin' Shorts |