Reasons why I love going home for the holidays:
- Rich fall colors everywhere. Hey West Los Angeles, why don’t you grow a few trees?
- Mumsie’s sweet potatoes (pictured below – the ones covered in a thick layer of marshmallows).
- Inevitable photo shoots with my favorite people/bloggers, Ann-Marie Loves Paper and JayAdores (pictured below).
- Animated and lively conversations with my best friends. Half of them don’t even live in California anymore but whenever we’re all home, it’s as if nothing has changed. I love them.
- Kyle has lots of free time so he builds things like bookshelves (pictured below). More on that later!
- Spending lots and lots of time with family. Activities include but are not limited to: eating Thanksgiving 1, Thanksgiving 2, and Thanksgiving 3; shopping Black Friday; knitting circles; watching old movies; etc.
- Reuniting with my favorite people and watching our favorite cheesy vampire movies, one of which may be in theaters right now and rhyme with Reaking Vawn.
- Hanging out with my best friend’s 5 1/2 month old baby. He’s the cutest ever.
- Eating pretty much everything in sight. I need another layer of fat for the winter (my apartment is freezing) so eating until my face hurts is a good thing. At least that’s what I’m telling myself…
Hope everyone had a lovely holiday weekend!
We loved spending time with you as well. Tell Kyle hello.
Why can’t thanksgiving break be 2 weeks long?? Seeing you twice was not enough! Love these pics! Can’t wait to see kyle’s work of art!
knitting slash brunch party this weekend? sounds good to me.
P.S. Logan misses you
Do my eyes deceive me or are those Stella bleu pipe bookshelves from etsy!!?? I have them favorited because they are too cool!
I just LOL’d at Reason #1 on your list. You’re too much, Jan.
thanks everyone! ladi, those aren’t etsy. kyle made them from scratch. i will post about them soon!! heather, i miss logan! michelle, YES. jaymee, AGREED. Ing, you too!