Before you watch (if you watch) this semi-awesome video that I made re: Palm Springs, here are a few disclaimers:
- This is the very first time I’ve ever recorded and edited together a video of sorts. That’s why it looks like your 5 year old sister in kindergarten was the cinematographer.
- I apologize to my poor iPhone for giving it shaken-baby-syndrome. I need a steadier hand.
- I used an iPhone app called 8mm to get the neat effects. My good friend Ann-Marie has posted REALLY CUTE videos on her blog using this app as well (I copied her).
- The song used is “Black Water” by Timber Timbre.
- My next video will be cooler, I promise.
Palm Springs/April 2011 from The Style Eater on Vimeo.
As I mentioned in the last post, Kyle and I went on an impromptu trip to Palm Springs. I absolutely love hot, deserty weather so Palm Springs is right up my alley. We stayed at the Ace Hotel + Swim Club and it was beyond wonderful. Besides the fact that we’re quite fond of Ace Hotels in general (see NY here), our experience at the Palm Springs location was one of my favorites.
The hotel itself has a chic, retro vibe, the atmosphere is laid back and relaxing, and the food and libations are a-plenty. Kyle had his fair share of bloody mary’s and I had my fair share of coconut french toast. Yum. Ace, I’m comin’ back at you real soon. Miss you already.
And of course, my slew of Instagrams (that app is addicting!):
So yesterday, Kyle and I planned a very last minute trip to Palm Springs. I’ve never booked a hotel one day in advance before. Quite spontaneous of us!
Hotel: Ace Hotel + Swim Club
Weather: 90 degrees
Degree of untanned skin: PALE ALERT
Nail color: Essie Polish, French Affair
Poolside book: “Delirium” by Lauren Oliver
Board Games: Bananagrams (Scrabble minus the board)
Music of choice: Lykke Li
Number of hipsters: Astronomical
Be back in a few days!