Though I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup, I definitely have products that I use consistently. I’ll randomly throw an eye shadow or two in the mix every so often, but these products are my basic foundation:
- Philosophy Skin Care: Ever since I started using Philosophy skin care products, like Hope in a Jar moisturizer and When Hope is Not Enough serum, I’ve seen monumental improvements in my complexion. Though not pictured, I also use Philosophy’s Purity face wash daily.
- Bare Escentuals Bare Mineral Foundation: I’m a huge advocate for mineral foundations and Bare Escentuals is like the Rolls Royce of mineral makeup. You just can’t go wrong with it. I started using it in high school and still love it!
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey: This Clinique lipstick is extremely sheer and balmy. Though it looks quite dark in the tube, it’s actually very transparent and gives you that just-bitten look to your lips. Ahh, my favorite!
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara: I am constantly testing out new mascaras. I swear, every time I go to Sephora or Target, I find myself purchasing a new mascara. But I always turn back to Lash Blast. It’s one of the most lengthening and volumizing mascaras out there. And for $7 a pop too!
- Benefit Erase Paste: I use this concealer under my eyes and it literally erases all signs of puffiness and dark circles.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: This eyelash curler was created by the gods themselves, I swear. Sometimes I just don’t have time to fully decorate my face. In that case (aka everyday), I quickly do two squeezes of the Shu Uemura curler and my eyes are instantly brighter.
- Benefit Eye Bright: This eye brightener is one of the best kept secrets on Planet Earth. Just as the name suggests, it brightens your eyes in every way possible. I usually smudge some under my bottom lash line and in the corners of my eyes.
- Neutrogena Sunblock, SPF 70: No need to explain this one. The last thing I want is a leathery, wrinkled face. Gotta protect!
- NARS Blush in Orgasm: As I described here, this blush has an amazing peachy-pink hue and gives a much-needed flush of color to my freckled cheeks.
- Vaseline: I use Vaseline for just about everything. On my lips, eyelids, cuticles, elbows, toesies. It’s cheap and it works – what more can you ask for?
What are your beauty essentials, lovelies??