…and by “bedazzling” I don’t mean rhinestoning my favorite jean jacket (been there, done that). I want to spruce up my fall wardrobe with some new, snazzy accents!
During the chillier months, I tend to stick to a neutral palette of nudes, grays, and blacks, intermingling them with a small splash of color and excitement. These accessories are perfect examples of said splash. You know, just a little something to get through the dreary months ahead.
- Leopard print scarf: I love scarves in all shapes, colors, and sizes but this Madewell City Camo Scarf ($49.50) is not only on-trend for fall, but super fun and dramatic as well.
- Desert boots: These Madewell Suede Sandstorm Boots ($188) are equal parts rugged and chic. I can imagine myself wearing them with skinny jeans or wool skirts or silk dresses – they would seriously pair well with anything!
- Berry lips: I really love the idea of a darker lip for fall but I just can’t pull it off. Luckily, I have this sheer version, Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment ($22.50), that gives just a subtle berry hue.
- Red belt: One of my favorite ways to break up an all black ensemble (my wardrobe all winter) is with a punchy colored belt like this red Topshop Bow Detail Skinny Belt ($30).
- Stackable rings: These Lucky Brand Stackable Rings ($32) are adorable. It’s just that plain and simple.
- Metallic nail polish: I literally hyperventilate with pure elation when I see a new nail polish color, like this NARS Vintage Nail Polish in Mash ($16). It’s like a metallic army green with specks of gold, SWOON!
- Arm warmers: Ever since I first noticed the phenomenon that is arm warmers (here), I’ve been totally smitten with them. And because I’ve been waiting patiently for their arrival since February, you can only imagine my excitement when I spotted these J. Crew Ribbed Glovettes ($22.50).
- Structured handbag: A small structured handbag like this ASOS Leather Croc Lock Across Body Bag ($84.25) will help me bring out my lady-like side. Oh wait, do I have that side?
Though I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup, I definitely have products that I use consistently. I’ll randomly throw an eye shadow or two in the mix every so often, but these products are my basic foundation:
- Philosophy Skin Care: Ever since I started using Philosophy skin care products, like Hope in a Jar moisturizer and When Hope is Not Enough serum, I’ve seen monumental improvements in my complexion. Though not pictured, I also use Philosophy’s Purity face wash daily.
- Bare Escentuals Bare Mineral Foundation: I’m a huge advocate for mineral foundations and Bare Escentuals is like the Rolls Royce of mineral makeup. You just can’t go wrong with it. I started using it in high school and still love it!
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey: This Clinique lipstick is extremely sheer and balmy. Though it looks quite dark in the tube, it’s actually very transparent and gives you that just-bitten look to your lips. Ahh, my favorite!
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara: I am constantly testing out new mascaras. I swear, every time I go to Sephora or Target, I find myself purchasing a new mascara. But I always turn back to Lash Blast. It’s one of the most lengthening and volumizing mascaras out there. And for $7 a pop too!
- Benefit Erase Paste: I use this concealer under my eyes and it literally erases all signs of puffiness and dark circles.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: This eyelash curler was created by the gods themselves, I swear. Sometimes I just don’t have time to fully decorate my face. In that case (aka everyday), I quickly do two squeezes of the Shu Uemura curler and my eyes are instantly brighter.
- Benefit Eye Bright: This eye brightener is one of the best kept secrets on Planet Earth. Just as the name suggests, it brightens your eyes in every way possible. I usually smudge some under my bottom lash line and in the corners of my eyes.
- Neutrogena Sunblock, SPF 70: No need to explain this one. The last thing I want is a leathery, wrinkled face. Gotta protect!
- NARS Blush in Orgasm: As I described here, this blush has an amazing peachy-pink hue and gives a much-needed flush of color to my freckled cheeks.
- Vaseline: I use Vaseline for just about everything. On my lips, eyelids, cuticles, elbows, toesies. It’s cheap and it works – what more can you ask for?
What are your beauty essentials, lovelies??
[Images via Sephora and Target]
NARS Blush in Orgasm (yes, the color is called Orgasm) has been gracing my cheeks and the cheeks of many, many women for the past several years now. It’s what you might call a cult favorite in the beauty world. Let me tell you, if I was to join a cult, the only one I would even consider joining would have to worship NARS Cosmetics day and night. Err…it’s one of my favorite beauty brands.
The Orgasm blush is a subtle peachy-pink with a hint of golden shimmer. It truly gives your cheeks a perfect flush of color and a natural, healthy-looking glow. What more could you ask for in a blush?
This NARS blush is also the winner of many beauty accolades including “Best of Sephora” 5 years in a row, “Reader’s Choice Award Winner” from Allure Magazine, and “2009 Best Beauty Buys” from InStyle Magazine. I love a winner! And trust me, this product is a winner.