Summer is slowing creeping upon us and I can’t wait for the sun to arrive in full force. In preperation, I scoured my favorite online retailers, from ASOS to Need Supply Co., in search of the perfect summer dress.
As I started picking out my favorites, I noticed a trend with my choices. They were either corset topped (or sweetheart neckline, if you prefer that terminology), striped (of course), or wildly printed. So I narrowed it down to my favorite 3 in each of these categories:
The corset top dress is perfect for afternoon barbecues or picnics in the park with friends. They’re so sweet and summery:
- Urban Renewal Striped Linen Bustier Dress, Urban Outfitters, $58
- Dahlia Net Layer Babydoll Dress, ASOS, $118.36
- Chambray Corset Dress, Victoria’s Secret, $39.99
These striped dresses can be worn during work hours or even on weekend beach trips. They’re versatile and never go out of style:
- Dahlia Striped Full Belted Dress, ASOS, $93
- Striped Knit Dress, Need Supply Co., $48
- LnA Stripe Tee Dress, Revolve Clothing, $105
Even though the prints vary, they all pack a colorful punch – exactly what you need in the summer months! I would wear the sweeter prints (like the florals and polka dots) during the day and the bolder prints (like the zig zag) for a night of cocktails with friends or on a date with my boyfriend:
- Contrast Pocket Dress, Need Supply Co., $48
- Dahlia Vintage Print Belted Dress, ASOS, $93
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Diamond Zigzag Dress, Shopbop, $258
[Images via ASOS, Urban Outfitters, Need Supply Co., Victoria’s Secret, Shopbop, Revolve]
Ideal Spring Outfit #4: Watercolors, Jean Jacket, and Clog-like Wedges
- Watercolor Dress, Need Supply Co., $54 [Image via Need Supply Co.]
- Plush Fleece Lined Tights, Shopbop, $35 [Image via Shopbop]
- Vince Denim Acid Wash Jean Jacket, Shopbop, $225 [Image via Shopbop]
- Jeffrey Campbell Snick, Need Supply Co., $125 [Image via Need Supply Co.]
Out of all my ideal spring outfits, this one is probably the most random. Why fleece-lined tights? you might ask. Well, sometimes it gets chilly in the spring! Why 5-inch wedges that you will undoubtedly never wear? you may say next. Hmm, you got me there. Even though I could never pull off these wedges, I’m still fascinated by them! The studs remind me of clogs (major this spring, right Vivs?). There’s a certain je ne sais quoi about them that I’m just lusting after.
As for the dress, I’m loving the bright watercolor pattern and the slight poof of the sleeve. This dress (plus the wedges) will definitely add a little zest in my springtime step.
To me, this ensemble is nothing without the acid wash jean jacket. It’s like the classic jean jacket’s evil, hardcore twin sister. Ok so it might not be that hardcore but it definitely brings a new level of edginess to the outfit, don’t you think?
During the Spring/Summer runway shows a few months ago, I was quite excited to see a revival of exotic and mix-matched prints. Not because I’m a major wearer of prints – on the contrary, I’m a notorious solids girl so it will be a nice change of pattern in my wardrobe.
And though the trend was mostly print-on-print, I’m really diggin this Batik Print Romper. Just the right amount of print in my book!
[Image via Need Supply Co.]