The Arts District in downtown is one of my favorite areas of Los Angeles. Couple that with beautiful weather and a good hair day and you got yourself a perfect Saturday, my friends. We initially went to check out NorthernGrade, a menswear/accessories/collectibles pop-up (aka Kyle’s version of heaven on earth), but then decided we needed to visit all of our favorite places in the area as well, including Poketo (I can’t leave this store without buying at least one thing, I JUST CAN’T), Apolis, Wurstkuche, and The Pie Hole.
Also, a new home decor store moved into the Arts Distrist and I almost dropped straight dead on the floor when I walked into it. It’s called Hammer & Spear and if you love a 70s vibe and/or vintage and/or breathing, you will drop straight dead on the floor when you walk into it. The hours are a bit funky so make sure to check them before going.
Hope your weekend was lovely!
Happy Friday! I’m feeling really positive about life today and I’m pretty sure it’s because I have braids in my hair again and I saw Gwyneth Paltrow last night. What is it about braids that make the world a happier place? I opted for a reverse crown braid this time. If I’m feeling extra ham-y today, I’ll take a picture of myself and show ya. As for my BFF GP, we were at the same event last night, as seen here, and that woman is a beacon of light straight from the heavens.
Anyway, I’m loving this Smilebooth session with Ann-Marie from The Cream event a few weeks ago! That girl is my favorite and she has the best top buns, am I right? Also, here’s what else I’m loving this week:
- My bff Jaymee had her beautiful wedding featured on 100 Layer Cake this week! You must take a look at all the amazing details that she designed and made.
- I’m dying to make this spicy tuna bowl.
- This is my ideal bedroom. Can you see where I got the inspo from in this post?
- Things got really spontaneous this week and we got tickets to Lollapalooza in Chicago. SO EXCITED.
- I’m looking forward to stopping by the Northern Grade pop-up in downtown LA tomorrow for some menswear inspiration.
Hope your weekend is great! I’ll be catching up on a few things, taking more classes, and hopefully relaxing a bit. Same place, same time on Monday? xo