When you’re having a quarter-life crisis (I’m having one by the way), the only thing you can do is recharge those batteries. Recharging batteries include but are not limited to: being in 85+ degree weather, laying by pools occupied only by hipsters, drinking margaritas even though you have a pretty decent sized stomach ulcer, getting a ton more freckles (because let’s face it, this pale skin doesn’t tan well), and reading a teen novel but ONLY on the iPad so no one at said pool will give you dirty looks.
Good thing I’ll be doing all of the above the next few days because these batteries need recharging! I’m at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs (one of my favorites), soaking up the sun and enjoying this precious life.
Hope your week is off to a fresh and exciting start!
Before you watch (if you watch) this semi-awesome video that I made re: Palm Springs, here are a few disclaimers:
- This is the very first time I’ve ever recorded and edited together a video of sorts. That’s why it looks like your 5 year old sister in kindergarten was the cinematographer.
- I apologize to my poor iPhone for giving it shaken-baby-syndrome. I need a steadier hand.
- I used an iPhone app called 8mm to get the neat effects. My good friend Ann-Marie has posted REALLY CUTE videos on her blog using this app as well (I copied her).
- The song used is “Black Water” by Timber Timbre.
- My next video will be cooler, I promise.
Palm Springs/April 2011 from The Style Eater on Vimeo.
As I mentioned in the last post, Kyle and I went on an impromptu trip to Palm Springs. I absolutely love hot, deserty weather so Palm Springs is right up my alley. We stayed at the Ace Hotel + Swim Club and it was beyond wonderful. Besides the fact that we’re quite fond of Ace Hotels in general (see NY here), our experience at the Palm Springs location was one of my favorites.
The hotel itself has a chic, retro vibe, the atmosphere is laid back and relaxing, and the food and libations are a-plenty. Kyle had his fair share of bloody mary’s and I had my fair share of coconut french toast. Yum. Ace, I’m comin’ back at you real soon. Miss you already.
And of course, my slew of Instagrams (that app is addicting!):