…except they’re too expensive for little ol’ me & (even worse) sold out! That’s not stopping me from loving them anyway so now, I’m on a hunt to find an equally cool pair and in my budget. Will report back to you when I find.
- Cooperative Suede Lace-Up Sandal, Urban Outfitters, $38
- Gentle Souls Break My Heart, Nordstrom, $91
- Scarfi Creazioni Panarea Multi-lace Sandal, Madewell, $78
- Sam Edelman Divine, Piperlime, $99
- J. Crew Dorian Wedges, $238
- Rachel Comey Tie Flats, Steven Alan, $310
- Seychelles Lace Top Strappy Sandal, Need Supply Co., $48
Now that it’s officially summer, I’ve been searching for sandals to match my bright and punchy coral toe nails.
I like a sandal that’s chic enough for parties, yet at the same time it needs to be durable enough to withstand a trek through the city. Maybe that’s why I’m loving these hybrid sandal-shoes? The shape is distinctly sandal-esque yet the laces are clearly products of a shoe. Confusing yet oh so delightful!
I love finding unexpected twists to something as simple as a sandal. These lace-up versions have just the right amount of originality and newness for my taste.
The only problem now is finding my favorite out of the above options! Which one is your favorite?
Shorts are my summer uniform. Sure, I like to mix it up with a dress here and a skirt there but overall, nothing is more appropriate in the summertime than shorts. Just like the dresses I picked out, these are my favorite short styles this season.
First of all, I love anything that comes pre-belted. It adds a sense of refinement to a seemingly casual piece of clothing like shorts. Just tuck a loose-fitting blouse into those belted shorts and pair them with flats and you have an instant summer office outfit.
As for the rolled denim, I personally think nothing’s better than cutting up an old pair of jeans to mid-thigh length and rolling the hem to your desired length. A few summers ago, I cut 2 pairs of my high school jeans into shorts and I’ve worn them religiously ever since. But, if you don’t have old jeans to destroy, the 3 rolled denim shorts below are perfect options!
As I’ve mentioned before, I love a good print. It instantly spices up an outfit! All 3 of the patterned shorts below have an almost childish charm to them. They make me want to ride the ferris wheel and eat cotton candy at a carnival. There’s nothing wrong with expressing your inner 13 year old! Am I right??
- Dejeuner Silk Short, J.Crew, $88
- Madewell Paper Bag Shorts, Shopbop, $54.60
- ASOS Rope Shorts, ASOS, $37.20
- Denim Boyfriend Short, J. Crew, $79.50
- Extreme Ripped Boy Shorts, Topshop, $60
- Levi’s 1960 Tab Shorts, Steven Alan, $195
- Faded Floral Pocket Shorts, Topshop, $50
- ASOS Heart Print Shorts, ASOS, $43.96
- Rift Valley Shorts, Anthropologie, $98