So we may not have made it out to Silverlake this weekend and Kyle may have slept the entire day on Saturday (men), but we ended up having a very successful weekend.
We got a bunch of new art frames for our soon-to-be gallery wall. The empty, white space above the couch in the living room is just begging for some color and we can’t wait to showcase our hodge podge collection of art:
I picked up this starry pillow on sale at West Elm for $14. It really spruces up our all-white (and wrinkly) bed:
We booked a trip to Portland. We’ll be heading there in September for lots of good food, some exploring, and (lucky for us!!) a Bon Iver concert:
This has nothing to do with progress but I made a yummy pasta last night, complete with zucchini, grape tomatoes, olive tapenade, and feta cheese. Ain’t it purty!:
Adding some fun elements to the new place in the form of chevron stripes: 1) a soap dish used to hold my gold rings; and 2) a pillow to decorate my couch.
I love incorporating bold patterns into my life. More to come!
This weekend, I started moving into a new apartment. Best part? Realizing I need a bunch of new things that can ONLY BE FOUND AT WEST ELM. Okay, maybe I don’t need these soap dishes or these chevron pillows, but I sure as heck want them. West Elm is like an answer to my design prayers. They always have everythinggggg. Sigh.
Mr. Kyle and I are rigorously apartment hunting right now. So exciting! When I’m not scouring rental websites for the perfect apartment (perfect apartments don’t exist, I’ve recently discovered), I’m scrolling through decor images on Pinterest and various blogs to figure out exactly the kind of things we want to include in our place (which, by the way, is THE MOST FUN task I’ve ever done!). Here’s what I discovered:
- I’m a fan of stark whites and shades of gray.
- We definitely want a gallery wall filled with our art collection (and by art collection I mean Kyle’s posters and cute prints I’ve found on Etsy). I want the frames to be all shapes, sizes, and colors – a total hodge podge, if you will.
- Farmhouse tables are my favorite things ever – distressed wood, full of character and imperfections, sigh.
- Patterns I’m fond of: chevron stripes (OBSESSED!!), ikat, diamonds, geometric shapes
- A giant bookcase is a must. Where am I going to put all my Jane Austen’s and Harry Potter’s?
- Colorful and textured pillows are the bee’s knees.
- Stacks of coffee table books are the coolest ever.
- I pretty much want everything from West Elm.
[All images found via Pinterest. Image credits, left to right: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14]
With springtime fast approaching, I feel myself starting to crave color and wild patterns (and canning cookbooks?). Long, flowy skirts, perfectly polished olive green nails, geometric bangles – all of these items reflect the changing seasons and I’m LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
As you can see, I’m lusting after lots of tans, various shades of green and blue, yellow, gold, and hints of pink. And who doesn’t love a chevron print in the form of a bathroom accessory? Sign me up for that, please. Instead of spring cleaning, I want to do the exact opposite and accumulate MORE things, namely these 10 items on my March wish list:
- Zara Long Skirt
- Madewell Brightside Bangle
- Canning For A New Generation cookbook
- Urban Outfitters Little Birch Jewelry Stand
- West Elm Graphic Porcelain Tumblers
- Clarks Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint
- Scotch Naturals Nail Polish in Ceasefire
- Rennes Le Chateau Wallet Pouch
- Twoems Patterned Peacock Print (sold out…brb crying)
- MTWTFSS Weekday Endless Knit Sweater Beige