February 27, 2014
HEY. I’m over on THE AMERICAN EDIT talking about my favorite American-made goods! Such an honor to be featured as I’m a huge proponent of buying and supporting local. Plus, how gorgeous is Rita’s site? Love what she’s doing over there.
For more details on my fave items, click HERE!
February 19, 2014
I’ve been wanting to cut up a few of my jeans for awhile now but always back out at the last minute. IT’S SO PERMANENT and what if I decide that I don’t want jeans with gaping holes in them in a few months? Ya know, really tough life decisions and such.
But I finally took the plunge (with scissors?) on these Urban Outfitters jeans I found in store and on sale for $19. I cut up the knees and made sure to do it totally blind and without measuring because what good are grungy, holey jeans if they’re perfectly cut? I will keep you updated on how they look after a few washes aka more blog posts on this topic. STAY TUNED.
Unrelated: HOUSE OF CARDS, wow.
December 30, 2013
1. The older you get, the faster the years go by. I swear it was yesterday I was celebrating New Year’s Eve 2013?
2. Brushing your hair is overrated.
3. Oysters are really f’ing good.
4. 4-wheeled luggage (like this) is life changing.
5. At age 26, gaining 10 pounds in less than 6 months is a real thing.
6. Finding your soulmate leather jacket takes time and patience, but you’ll know it when you see it.
7. Organic vegetables have lots of bugs in them.
9. 90% of my shopping is done on Amazon.
10. I’m still really clueless when it comes to adult things like mortgages and saving money.
11. Trust your gut! This year, my gut told me to quit coffee for good (it makes me physically ill but i would still drink it nonetheless) and start the Tracy Anderson Method (more or less).
13. Group texts with friends is the only way to live life. Waking up to 79 text messages from your favorite people, 98% of which are emojis, is where it’s at.
14. LA has such good food. Favorite restaurant of 2013 is Picca.
15. Collecting ceramics for the kitchen is an expensive hobby that I must limit in 2014.
17. I get genuinely upset when my boyfriend starts watching a movie on TV that’s already half way over. Why start in the middle?!
18. Keeping plants alive is a challenge but so very rewarding.
19. I’m moderately to severely addicted to Instagram.
Of course, there are plenty more things I’ve learned but I figured 20 was a good number to stop at. What did you learn? Overall, 2013 was pretty great. So looking forward to next year. Thanks for sticking with me and reading this blog! Happy New Year y’alls.
Photos by Ann-Marie
December 17, 2013
Sometimes you get out of bed and decide you know what, I think I’m going to instagram my outfit today.
Sometimes, you spend a little too much time making sure the framing is right and the clothes are folded just so.
Sometimes, you take a few dozen photos just to get the best lighting and angle.
And then sometimes, you get caught by your boyfriend, who then posts it on his instagram:
Such is life, am I right?
Gap sweater (sold out but love this one)
Rag & Bone jeans
Shoemint boots (sold out unforch)
Alexa Chung for Madewell pouch (old)
J.Crew sweatpants and superrrr old freecity sweatshirt, in case you’re feelin the outfit.
Also, you can follow along to my insta-shenanigans here.
October 9, 2013
Just as October rolled in,
and the pumpkins showed up,
and the gourds took over the grocery store,
and the leaves started falling,
and candy corn became a midday snack,
California was all “Oh hell no, it’s not fall yet” and decided to be 90 degrees again.
Kind of like this: “Hi, can I get a pumpkin spiced latte please? But hold the pumpkin, hold the spice, add watermelon agua fresca, and you know what, go ahead and take away the latte part too. Extra ice, extra limes.”
It all happened about a week ago, when I was taking an awesome photography class on a street corner in downtown LA (which I mentioned here, Jaymee mentioned here, and Ann-Marie mentioned here!), and I was sitting in direct sunlight, melting into a pool of hair products and lotion. You gotta love that California sunshine though, because pretty soon winter will be here and you know how crazy CA winters can be. I mean, total mayhem in the seasonal department. YA RIGHT, it’s mild and boring, yada yada. Happy October!
photos by: jaymee zeller harney