April 18, 2014
My wardrobe is experiencing a surge in stripes as of late and I’m not complaining for a second. When I’m online shopping, it’s like my eyes ONLY see stripes and I buy all of them. I kid you not, these are all purchases I’ve made within the past month or so. It’s becoming a problem. But they’re so classic and I can wear them forever and ever, right? That’s my line of thinking anyway. Also, tax returns and stuff.
Anyways, I’ve always been partial to stripes and tend to prefer the Breton or sailor variety. I’m also constantly trying to replicate this outfit at least once a week, if not more. In that stripe pile above are some of the new wardrobe additions (TAX RETURNS, I SAID). Oh but the Skargorn. You HAVE TO get the Skargorn. Also, it’s on sale right now + 20% off the sale price. Almost makes me wish I didn’t pay FULL PRICE FOR IT, SHOOT. Some of the stripes I recently bought, plus a few more that I still need:
February 27, 2014
HEY. I’m over on THE AMERICAN EDIT talking about my favorite American-made goods! Such an honor to be featured as I’m a huge proponent of buying and supporting local. Plus, how gorgeous is Rita’s site? Love what she’s doing over there.
For more details on my fave items, click HERE!
February 19, 2014
I’ve been wanting to cut up a few of my jeans for awhile now but always back out at the last minute. IT’S SO PERMANENT and what if I decide that I don’t want jeans with gaping holes in them in a few months? Ya know, really tough life decisions and such.
But I finally took the plunge (with scissors?) on these Urban Outfitters jeans I found in store and on sale for $19. I cut up the knees and made sure to do it totally blind and without measuring because what good are grungy, holey jeans if they’re perfectly cut? I will keep you updated on how they look after a few washes aka more blog posts on this topic. STAY TUNED.
Unrelated: HOUSE OF CARDS, wow.
December 30, 2013
1. The older you get, the faster the years go by. I swear it was yesterday I was celebrating New Year’s Eve 2013?
2. Brushing your hair is overrated.
3. Oysters are really f’ing good.
4. 4-wheeled luggage (like this) is life changing.
5. At age 26, gaining 10 pounds in less than 6 months is a real thing.
6. Finding your soulmate leather jacket takes time and patience, but you’ll know it when you see it.
7. Organic vegetables have lots of bugs in them.
9. 90% of my shopping is done on Amazon.
10. I’m still really clueless when it comes to adult things like mortgages and saving money.
11. Trust your gut! This year, my gut told me to quit coffee for good (it makes me physically ill but i would still drink it nonetheless) and start the Tracy Anderson Method (more or less).
13. Group texts with friends is the only way to live life. Waking up to 79 text messages from your favorite people, 98% of which are emojis, is where it’s at.
14. LA has such good food. Favorite restaurant of 2013 is Picca.
15. Collecting ceramics for the kitchen is an expensive hobby that I must limit in 2014.
17. I get genuinely upset when my boyfriend starts watching a movie on TV that’s already half way over. Why start in the middle?!
18. Keeping plants alive is a challenge but so very rewarding.
19. I’m moderately to severely addicted to Instagram.
Of course, there are plenty more things I’ve learned but I figured 20 was a good number to stop at. What did you learn? Overall, 2013 was pretty great. So looking forward to next year. Thanks for sticking with me and reading this blog! Happy New Year y’alls.
Photos by Ann-Marie
December 17, 2013
Sometimes you get out of bed and decide you know what, I think I’m going to instagram my outfit today.
Sometimes, you spend a little too much time making sure the framing is right and the clothes are folded just so.
Sometimes, you take a few dozen photos just to get the best lighting and angle.
And then sometimes, you get caught by your boyfriend, who then posts it on his instagram:
Such is life, am I right?
Gap sweater (sold out but love this one)
Rag & Bone jeans
Shoemint boots (sold out unforch)
Alexa Chung for Madewell pouch (old)
J.Crew sweatpants and superrrr old freecity sweatshirt, in case you’re feelin the outfit.
Also, you can follow along to my insta-shenanigans here.