May 10, 2013
Aside from my raging allergies, I love this time of year. The days are longer, the nights are warmer, and the sunsets get all crazy on us. Last night, the sky turned a million shades of pink and I saw about 40 instagrams documenting it (including my own). Not gonna lie, there was also an earthquake yesterday so THAT coupled with the super bizarre sunset kind of made me think the world was ending. I’m so dramatic! Here’s what I loved this week:
- I read this New Yorker article about wedding hair at least 20 times because it’s so hilarious and yet, so spot on at the same time. Gonna go read it again…
- I’m a huge fan of Kelly Oxford’s crazy twitter antics and loved her new book. Go read it if you haven’t yet.
- Honey chocolate chunk cookies? Umm sign me up.
- I recently purchased a nut milk bag (YEAH, I said it…a nut milk bag) to make homemade almond milk. I’ve been testing out recipes and will share my favorites soon.
- In case you missed it, here are my photos from New York City, Brooklyn, where we ate and shopped in NYC & Brooklyn, and Connecticut! Next week, it’s allllll abooot Montreal, eh? So come back and visit!
This weekend is Mother’s Day and I feel so lucky I get to spend it with my amazing mom. Enjoy your weekend, friends!
May 3, 2013
Don’t mind me, but here I am just cooking up a Friday Love List during a dinner in NYC. Speaking of NYC, photos from that portion of my trip are going up on Monday! By the way, is it just me or was this particular week THE FASTEST EVER? I woke up this morning and for a minute, I thought it was Tuesday…in February. I mean where did this year go? Anyway, here are a few things I’m digging this week:
- I finally learned how to properly clean my face thanks to Into the Gloss’s 2 part video series (video one and video two). I don’t know about you but this is a total game changer. I’m going to start pianotaging the heck out of my face (although I will likely not purchase thermal water any time soon).
- Love this idea of gifting a pot of fresh herbs at a dinner/brunch party. So perfect.
- I’m going to wear this outfit every single day this summer.
- This kale noodle bowl with avocado miso dressing sounds like just about the best thing ever right now.
- So remember when we went to NorthernGrade? Well we must be REALLY COOL because we made a cameo in this video recap for one whole second (check minute 0:36). I mean, somebody call us some talent agents stat.
April 5, 2013
Happy Friday! I’m feeling really positive about life today and I’m pretty sure it’s because I have braids in my hair again and I saw Gwyneth Paltrow last night. What is it about braids that make the world a happier place? I opted for a reverse crown braid this time. If I’m feeling extra ham-y today, I’ll take a picture of myself and show ya. As for my BFF GP, we were at the same event last night, as seen here, and that woman is a beacon of light straight from the heavens.
Anyway, I’m loving this Smilebooth session with Ann-Marie from The Cream event a few weeks ago! That girl is my favorite and she has the best top buns, am I right? Also, here’s what else I’m loving this week:
- My bff Jaymee had her beautiful wedding featured on 100 Layer Cake this week! You must take a look at all the amazing details that she designed and made.
- I’m dying to make this spicy tuna bowl.
- This is my ideal bedroom. Can you see where I got the inspo from in this post?
- Things got really spontaneous this week and we got tickets to Lollapalooza in Chicago. SO EXCITED.
- I’m looking forward to stopping by the Northern Grade pop-up in downtown LA tomorrow for some menswear inspiration.
Hope your weekend is great! I’ll be catching up on a few things, taking more classes, and hopefully relaxing a bit. Same place, same time on Monday? xo
February 22, 2013
I’ve been kinda stressed this week and I think part of the reason is because of Scotchmallows, all thanks to my parents who sent me a giant bag full of them for Valentine’s Day. The amount I’ve eaten would frighten an average person I think. I literally cannot control myself. Are they laced with crack? I’ve eaten 3 since I started writing this post. Ouy vey. Here are a few other things I’m loving this week:
- A fully booked trip to NYC, Connecticut, and Montreal is getting me real excited for spring!
- I’m dying to make homemade kimchi and this seems like a perfect first-timer’s recipe.
- I’ve been loving this hairstyle lately. A few spritzes of surf spray and some bobby pins are all you need.
- Speaking of hair, I kind of want to cut my hair this short. Yay or nay?? Crazy talk?
- Madewell, please stop with all the good boots. My bank account is suffering for it.
- I’m in the market for a new jacket and I can’t decide if I should go this route or this route. Both, you say? You got it, thanks for the sound advice.
- Two great articles: one on productivity and another from Leandra on blogging.
Happy weekending! I’ll be working mostly but it ain’t no thangggg. Oh! And the photo above is from when we drove to this hike. LA, you slay me sometimes.
November 9, 2012
I hate to be a downer but the time change bugs me! Does it bug you? In this photo, which I took from the window of my office building, the sun is setting around 4:30ish. I mean, really? And if you are wondering about that traffic, YES it’s completely normal. Anyway, enough complaining!
It’s finally Friday and I’m particularly excited about this weekend. One of my best friends is getting married!! I’ll be in Santa Barbara all weekend celebrating and I’m sure there will be multiple posts about it next week. I rented a pretty fancy camera lens too and I can’t wait to break it in (not break it of course…that would be the worst ever). I’m so looking forward to it! Here are a few other things I’m loving this week:
- Can you believe the Madewell sale happening right now?! 25% off orders of $150+ and free shipping. I’ll take this jacket, this striped shirt, and this oversized tote.
- The new Instagram web profiles. So worth the wait, I must say.
- These chai-spiced cinnamon rolls.
- The East Coast is getting beaten with ANOTHER storm. We can still help! Donate to the Red Cross here.
Have a great weekend! x