Shorts are my summer uniform. Sure, I like to mix it up with a dress here and a skirt there but overall, nothing is more appropriate in the summertime than shorts. Just like the dresses I picked out, these are my favorite short styles this season.
First of all, I love anything that comes pre-belted. It adds a sense of refinement to a seemingly casual piece of clothing like shorts. Just tuck a loose-fitting blouse into those belted shorts and pair them with flats and you have an instant summer office outfit.
As for the rolled denim, I personally think nothing’s better than cutting up an old pair of jeans to mid-thigh length and rolling the hem to your desired length. A few summers ago, I cut 2 pairs of my high school jeans into shorts and I’ve worn them religiously ever since. But, if you don’t have old jeans to destroy, the 3 rolled denim shorts below are perfect options!
As I’ve mentioned before, I love a good print. It instantly spices up an outfit! All 3 of the patterned shorts below have an almost childish charm to them. They make me want to ride the ferris wheel and eat cotton candy at a carnival. There’s nothing wrong with expressing your inner 13 year old! Am I right??
- Dejeuner Silk Short, J.Crew, $88
- Madewell Paper Bag Shorts, Shopbop, $54.60
- ASOS Rope Shorts, ASOS, $37.20
- Denim Boyfriend Short, J. Crew, $79.50
- Extreme Ripped Boy Shorts, Topshop, $60
- Levi’s 1960 Tab Shorts, Steven Alan, $195
- Faded Floral Pocket Shorts, Topshop, $50
- ASOS Heart Print Shorts, ASOS, $43.96
- Rift Valley Shorts, Anthropologie, $98