I’m currently working on a few new posts for the upcoming week (i.e. my March wish list, more favorite etsys, a new recipe, etc.) but until those are ready, I’m going to share some random instagrams from the last few days. Somebody likes her photo apps a little too much. Happy March!
wearing my wellies on drizzly days
reform school window in silverlake
brunch at campanile
carbs are my best friend
digging the pom poms in the j.crew display window
inspiration for the next time I go to the flea market
i could wear stripes everyday (and pretty much do).
I’m usually not a colorful person. I stick to neutrals like you wouldn’t believe. But all of sudden, I’m craving red pants. What’s the deal here? It might be because the color red has been popping up repeatedly all over New York Fashion Week. Or maybe because it was just Valentine’s Day and heart motifs are aplenty. Was it quite possibly the red velvet bundt cake I tested the other day that sent me into a world of chocolately red dye bliss???
I NEED RED PANTS! I swear, red pairs well with every color on the planet: navy, olive green, camel, cream, orange, leopard (yes, leopard is a color), royal blue. I could probably go through the entire color spectrum but instead, I want to show you an outfit that I wish I was currently wearing.
Of course, I would start with these Zara red cropped pants. Then I would add a touch of silk with a J.Crew navy blouse (lusted after here in olive just days ago). Red + navy = get used to it my friends because you will be seeing LOTS of it in the coming months! Over the silk blouse, I would wear this slouchy Topshop sweater. Extra geek chic points for the blouse collar peeking out of the sweater neckline. And then I would add a chunky gold Madewell necklace for pizazz, bright red Topshop lipstick for even MORE pizazz, and a Madewell satchel because it’s probably the cutest thing ever.
In the month of January, I was living in, living on, and obsessing constantly over the following:
- I wore this gold Dogeared necklace nearly every single day. I never tire of a tiny charm.
- I love a good red nail and this Essie polish in limited addiction kept my hands company quite often in the last month.
- I (virtually) flipped through Rue Magazine’s Issue 3 at least a dozen times, if not more. It’s packed full of inspiring visuals and amazing decor ideas.
- I placed this J.Crew silk blouse in my online shopping cart more times than I can count. I can’t decide if I need it (read: I OBVIOUSLY NEED IT) so I will continue putting it in my cart until I make the decision.
- I drank green tea 2-3 times a day, though I wish it were in a cute Anthropologie mug.
- I listened to the new Cold War Kids album literally on repeat. One of my favorite songs is Mine is Yours.
- This Clinique Almost Lipstick was my go-to color of choice for whenever I ventured out of the house.
[Images via dogeared, essie, rue magazine, j.crew, anthropologie, sephora]
I haven’t had a traditional 4th of July celebration in a few years. Last year, I was in Paris for the 4th and the year before that, I was in Newport Beach with Kyle and we literally wandered around that mad house (trust me, it was beyond craziness) car-less and firework-less.
This year, I’m doing it right. I’m going to eat a patriotic dessert, wear classic Americana, and watch fireworks from a lawn chair. Hmm…it might be difficult since I’ll be at a L.A. Galaxy game Sunday night but I’m hoping to make it work. At least I’ll have the outfit.
- J.Crew Lightweight Cotton Caprese Tunic, J. Crew, $35: Sure, I might blatantly be copying Emma Watson‘s outfit but you can’t blame me. I remember my mom wearing shirts like this in the early 90s. And that means I need it now.
- Karen Walker Number Six, Need Supply Co., $170: I’ve stressed my love for Karen Walker before, but time and again I find myself gravitating toward them.
- Crumbs Patriotic Cupcake, Crumbs Bake Shop, $4.50: I’m sorry but you simply can’t have an Independence Day celebration without a patriotic dessert. You better stock up on your blueberries, strawberries, and white frosting right about now.
- J.Crew Pindot Bikini Top and Bottoms, J.Crew, $29.99 each: It’s classic. It’s polka-dotted. It’s navy. Yes, please.
- Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+, Kiehl’s, $32: This is the creme de la creme of facial sunscreens. It’s lightweight and soaks directly into your skin. And sunscreen is always a must.
- L.L. Bean Mariner Leather Purse, L.L. Bean, $77.50: You can’t get more Americana than L.L. Bean. Their Signature collection is to die for, by the way.
- Anthropologie Outdoor Cafe Cardigan, Anthropologie, $98: It always gets chilly at night and this Anthro cardi has just the right amount of weight.
- J Brand Distressed Denim Shorts, Net-A-Porter, $165: As I’ve said here, I love rolled denim.
- J. Crew Angnyss Sandals, J. Crew, $135: These are by far my FAVORITE sandals of the summer so I had to incorporate them into my quintessential summer outfit. Now, I’m just waiting for them to go on sale.
Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of barbeques, firework displays, and fun.
P.S. Happy birthday to my wonderful and beautiful mother!!
If there’s one thing you should know about me by now (besides my unhealthy need for anything dipped in chocolate), it’s that I have an undying love for Madewell. There’s just something about it’s chic-meets-comfy style that drives me wild…and depletes my bank account.
About a week ago, Madewell finally launched e-commerce! …meaning they now have an ONLINE STORE!!!! …meaning goodbye life savings. Of course, there are 2 Madewell stores fairly close to me but the idea of being able to order some of my favorite things at the click of a mouse is soooo very enticing.
Since it launched, I’ve scoured every inch of the website and selected all the items I had to have, compiling a list of my favorites. And though Madewell is adding new items just about daily, these are some of the things that I absolutely love right now…
My Madewell.com Picks:
- Panama Hat, $58
- Raffia Herringbone Belt, $49.50
- Scholar Cardigan, $62
- Lizzie Fortunato For Madewell Bouquet Necklace, $118
- Button-down Boyshirt, $68
- The Canyon Mini-Bag, $98
- Clambake Jumpsuit, $118
- Floaty Floral Dress, $158
- Gouache Cami, $88
- Hazy Days Tank, $88
- Sunset Sandal, $148
- Ropey Soles Simple Espadrilles, $48
- Wanderlust Sumatra Shirtdress, $88
[Images via madewell.com]